9.13.2010

a birthday post!



While some people are afraid of the thought of turning a year older, there are some people who are excited to turn a year older and still looking forward to all the blessings waiting them ahead.

I am one of those persons who excitedly looking forward for new things waiting for me as I unfold another chapter of my life.

Looking back, when I am still a little bit younger, I am always awed of those people who became successful as early as 25 years old. And I dreamt of becoming one of them when I reach such certain age.

But where I am today? Today, at 32, I am officially out of the calendar but hey I am still in the lotto. Lol. Seriously, at 32, I am still too far from counting million or even thousands from my own account. Despite all the hard work and determination to succeed, here I am today still breaking my arm and leg to conquer everything in finding something to feed my family.

I haven’t travel to any place outside the country yet but I’ve been to some beautiful places here in the Philippines.

My 31st year was one of the toughest years in my life but I am proud to say that God never abandon me. Despite all the challenges and the not so good things that happened to me, I know I have a lot of things to thank Him. I have my very supportive family, a loving husband, a smart & healthy daughter, a comfortable place to live with and good health. I also have my job that pays me enough to cover my bills and some more to buy things that I want. And I have a lot of friends, including those that I’ve only met online, who are always there to support me through thick & thin.

I know I should already done things more than what I did, traveled more to different places, acquired more than what I just had and be someone more successful than who I am today.

But this is not the end of my journey; I am only just a halfway through. And in due time, I know I am going to get to a place where I should be. Happy Birthday to me!

“The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same.
Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.”
~Don Williams, Jr~

“Let you mind start a journey thru a strange new world.
Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before.
Let your soul take you where you long to be…
Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar and
you’ll live as you’ve never lived before.”
~Erich Fromm~

“To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time,
but we must keep on stepping”
~Chinese Proverbs~

6 comments:

Grace de Castro said...

happy birthday eds!

it's nice to count our blessings during our birthday diba? we then realize how blessed we are despite all the trials.

i wish you more happiness, good health, and millions of pesos eds! more happy years for you! mwah!

witsandnuts said...

A heartfelt entry and I enjoyed reading it. Life is not a race. I can feel that your journey is worthwhile because you are a good person and you are loved by many. Happy birthday, Eds!

RedLan said...

Hindi ko namalayan lagpas rin ako sa calendar. lol. Basta happy at contented tayo sa buhay okay lang yan. at kung may darating na mga opportunities at blessings mas okay. Kaya wish you good health, happy family and more blessings!

shengmarie said...

Your sentiments RE THE SAME AS MINE, but i am hoping for a better future, with God on my side, what can ever go truly wrong?

Kayni said...

happy, happy birthday (belated). most of all, i wish you and your family good health and more blessings to come.

Nortehanon said...

Oh, hello there. Belated happy birthday!

Bloghopping from kg's blog.

Miss N of
http://nortehanon.com

My Yellow Roses

  I already told you that roses are my favorite flowers.  They lighten up my mood. I love how they look like and I love their scents. Look a...