7.22.2008

what shall we do now

{photo via }
Nowadays that all prices go higher and higher almost everyday, we really have to tighten our budget.

Our salary can no longer accommodate other things that we really wanted to buy.

So what I have to do is just buy those basic needs prioritizing the needs of our baby.

One day I was inside the grocery store.

Before picking up some goods on the shelves, I just checked the prices if it is lower or higher than the other grocery where I usually buy groceries.

That day, an employee of Nestle Philippines approached me while I was checking the price of certain brand of milk for K.A.

She then asked me, “mam ilang weeks po ba bago maubos ng baby nyo yang gatas?” She is referring to a 1.8 kg can of milk.

And I told her, more than a week.

She was shocked. So she asked again, “How old was your baby?”

"One year and three months", I replied.

She smiled and said, “goodluck sa gatas ni baby”.

With that, I smiled at her too.

Then I go on with my groceries.

But it made me think for a while.

Oo nga noh!

Masyado na nga palang mabigat sa bulsa ang patuloy na pagtaas ng presyo ng mga bilihin.

Can you imagine, gatas pa lang ni baby more than three thousand pesos na a month.

Eh paano pa yong other needs namin – like house rental, utilities, food, etc. Luckily, pareho kaming may trabaho ng husband ko. Kaya kahit papaano nakakasurvive pa rin.

Paano pa kaya yong mga taong isa lang ang nagtatrabaho para sa pamilya?

O paano pa kaya yong mga taong walang regular na pinagkukunan ng pang-araw-araw na gastusin?

Ang hirap noh!

Ano kaya ang pwede nating gawin sa ngayon?

O kaya ano ba ang kailangang gawin ng gobyerno para maibsan ang kahirapang ito?

No comments:

My Yellow Roses

  I already told you that roses are my favorite flowers.  They lighten up my mood. I love how they look like and I love their scents. Look a...